Monday, September 17

Fall Is In The Air

The days are getting shorter.
The air is getting cooler.
Time to get up in the attic and bring down all the autumn decorations.
And for one plain, pitiful wreath, it's time for a makeover.

Fall Hydrangea Wreath
by Mom and Amber



Step 1: Gather All "Ingredients"
Pine cones. Hot glue gun. Scissors. Ribbon. Twine.
And of course, a plain wreath, and plenty of hydrangea blossoms (in their fall colors).


Now It's Time To Begin...
(As you can see, I didn't get out the camera until after we'd already started!)


Step 2: Cover Wreath Completely With Hydrangea Blossoms
By sticking the stems into the wreath, and using hot glue.


Step 3: Secure Pine Cones Throughout Wreath
Using twine and hot glue.


Step 4: Add Finishing Touches
Such as silk flowers and leaves, ribbons, etc.


Step 5: Hang and Enjoy!
The finished product.


WELCOME FALL!!!!!!






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating our blog, Sweet Daughter! Could you post a picture or two of our hydrangea bushes...say in their summer, then in their fall glory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I LOVE it! You need to come make me one :) I can't get fall leaves or pinecones here :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I love some of your crafts! We'll have to visit each other and do some TOGETHER! And speaking of "doing something", guess I need to eventually post something here! (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, I thought of sending you some supplies to do this, but I am not sure how your mom would pack them? And would she want to try with all the other tempting things to bring back to Brazil?! Not being such a seasoned traveler, I honestly cannot say! BUT LET ME JUST ASK YOU THIS...WHAT would YOU WANT ME TO SEND YOU THAT YOU KNOW YOUR MOM WILL PACK FOR YA? I would love to send you something you like! Name some things for you and your family. I will try to send something! I love you so very much, Dear Niece. Wish you, Alex, and Joshua could be here. I guess you are counting weeks and days til your parents arrive home. I really want to see them again before they go. They spend I think 10 days? here, but I keep bugging Lawanda to have her back. LOL! Well, looking forward to hearing from you. sorry I've had nothing new on here to read. I feel like Paul in...is it Romans 7??? The desire to do well is in me!

    ReplyDelete