Saturday, January 14

Sugar Sweet Tradition

Do traditions really mean alot?  To my family? I've often heard say
 they truly do.
I know they truly make a difference for me,
and I can only pray and believe that these little things
which we faithfully do, partly because we believe they matter,
mean something deeper to my sweet family, too.

What are our traditions?
Are we faithful to carry them out at the appropriate time and place?


Probably we all are more deliberate at some than others.
 I wonder why
we choose the ones we do and let others slip by?


Is what matters more the actual thing we are doing?
Or the fact we are doing it?


Probably both.


Let's pick and choose which special little habits to faithfully tend to wisely.
And you know what?  The longer I live, the more I am
beginning to think that we instinctively know what works
 to make our loved ones feel loved and wanted,
 and that make us feel the same way...together.


When that combination becomes obvious,
maybe it's time to start, or just to steadily continue, a family tradition.

Amber and Mom at their annual Dress-Up
 Mother-Daughter
Christmas Cookie-Decorating Party
2011

6 comments:

  1. Great post, mama! I love you soooo much. You did a great job with the collages on Picnik. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too, Honey! What a wonderful blessing you are! I wonder WHO taught me how to collage on Picnik? :)

      Delete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL post! I LOVE all the pictures and you both look GORGEOUS!!! Your Christmas tree is lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I truly enjoy your blog along with my friend Amy's and one other homeschool lady's blog, more than any others! I myself tend to focus on posting on our homeschool blog more than this one, so feel free to check it out too; I do hope to write on this one more. PS-Gonna try to send you and your mom some things down with the Hostetler Family, who will be at AMI TRAINING SCHOOL soon. Hope you enjoy! :) Lots of love! Aunt Sandra

      Delete
  3. You gals are beautiful. I didnt realize you had posted anything... kind of thought this blog was going out of business, so I was so excited to see you had a new post. The pics are very well done! lots of creativity going on. And I know you LOVE your cookie baking tradition with Amber. She is growing into quite the sweet young lady. And you are of course a very special MOM! So proud to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it...NO! NEVER! I WILL NOT, I SHALL NOT go out of business!!! Um, I could use a bit of prayer here, though...:)

      Delete