Tuesday, July 22

Seasons Change but God Remains the Same

We've heard it before.  It sounds cliche, I know.  But life IS a lot like seasons, how it changes.  And it's okay.  And it's good. So here goes.  I just think it'll make us all feel better! :)  And... some comparisons just cannot be improved upon!

It's summer now, 2014.
Amber with Fabiana, our sponsor child.  She and Caleb got to meet her this summer on a Peru Mission Trip!
Heading to Moody Bible Institute In August With Our Daughter.  Caleb starts at Bryan College.

Caleb graduated in May...nearly 100 friends and family came to the big Brazillian BBQ!


Life is changing fast for me right now.  In many different areas.

 It's kinda like when autumn arrives and has settled in a while.
THEN. ALL. OF. A. SUDDEN......

A strong wind comes.
Oh, it is soooo beautiful to watch as leaves fly and fall everywhere! I run outside just to feel it, to soak it all in. And in between views of this invigorating wonder, I close my eyes and smile. Then, the rain comes harder, pelting me.   And the wind turns stormy and scary, and I run inside to hide from it.  I try to dry off, so I can peer out my window. And there I see it...


MY WORLD IS CHANGING.  The leaves are almost gone, leaving the trees bare.   I take another deep breath, knowing full well this is HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE.  
 Everyone notices the changes...and they feel it too. What exactly?  Is it sadness?  Fear?  A sense of loss?  Uncertainty?  Not feeling God's presence as keenly while digging deeper inside our souls for greater faith?  The anxiety of wondering if we can all hold up under the changes and still be the same as before?
THE STRESS OF CHANGING SEASONS.

Wind and rain are necessary to bring about the changes.  

But right now, I feel wet.  Foreboding.  I feel like I myself am changing along with the people I love.  Striving for peace and trust through this season.  And I am trying.  I am seeking God's face.  Some days are better than others.  Some moments are.  Sometimes the rain is so steady and hard, I can feel the wetness of it in my eyes.  Breathe.  God is here in this moment.  He is here with me and with those around me.  And soon it'll let up.  God sees to it that it always lets up.

I think I need to grab God's hand and go back.  STAND TALL in the wind while the leaves rush and flutter all around me.  And smile. God is here.  I may get afraid and feel unstable sometimes.  But I know God won't leave us in this season alone.  God is here.



Trusting God to build up a church here in Morgantown! It's a blessing to be a part.

God's special gift to me!

Writing My Own 1,000 Gifts List/Journal Still!  It's just not been written on this blog.  Maybe I will transfer them from paper and computer to over here...another day. :)  God's gifts are everywhere, all around us!


God is here. 
~Sandra














1 comment:

  1. Hello sister Sandra. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in children's minisry. It was a joy visiting your blog post and get to know Caleb and Amber your young children " Seasons change but God remains the same". I had a blessed time visiting your blog post and going through it. I love getting connected with teh people of God arond the gloe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral inistry for last 40 yrs in this great city OF Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We wojld love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have youcome to Mumbai with your busband and kids Caleb and Amber to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forwatd to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my nmae is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete