Saturday, August 20

Welcome, Ya'll! Come On Up and Grab that Empty Front Porch Rocker, and Sit a Spell!


 We'd like to invite you all to come on up and share in our mountaintop blessings, even as we continue to learn all about the wonderful world of blogging..so, please join us!  All your comments, questions, information, suggestions...We'd love to hear it all from you, our dear friends and family.  Or "just take a relaxing drive up the mountain" here in TN, sit a spell, and relax as you read and view at your own leisure.  Hear about all that's going on, enjoy some lovely photos by our daughter, Amber, and you'll definitely want to see our kids' along with their friends' mini movies!  Westerns, "Star Wars", Christian, etc.  I think you'll like them as much as we do!

 I was recently  inspired by a dear friend to really begin to notice with "new eyes" all the little and big ways God is daily blessing our lives, my life.  Honestly, it was the desire to begin journalling and maybe sharing with others an ongoing "blessings list", in an organized fashion, that spurred me on to finally set up the blog I've wanted to do for several years now.  In a world of pressures, heartaches, and uncertainties, I often fail to appreciate God's blessings which are constantly all around, just begging to be noticed.  Anything- from seeing my child reading his Bible, to watching our kitty stretch and yawn after yet another nap, to being reunited with family from Brazil.  On a particularly stressful day, could a simple sunbeam splashing through our backdoor window and across the hardwood floor, be a gift from the Creator, my Savior Who loves me enough to die for me?  Indeed, I believe it is.

 I recall a day our little family of four stood at our daughter's bedroom window for several breathtaking minutes, just watching six or seven deer in our yard.  They grazed, unafraid.  We observed them walking, frolicing, and lifting their proud heads to listen and peer around.  We counted the spikes and antlers we saw on the older deer and delighted at the light spots on their little fawns.

 A tremendous peace came over me.   I knew in my heart that God is their caretaker and that He had sent us those beautiful deer.   The Holy Spirit gently and assuredly reminded me of how much more He cares for us.   I recall this so vividly, not only because it is unusual to see that many deer in our yard, when we have two curious dogs, but also because this was the day we had just attended a dear friend's funeral and  grieved with his family, so precious to us , who had suffered tremendously for many years even before this unexpected death.  Everything would be okay.  God never forgets His own and He was working all things together for  good.  We could trust Him.






So you can  keep track of us in this way, too- by viewing our page titled "Unending Blessings List", which as the title suggests will be an ongoing list.....  May our family be a blessing to yours, as we seek to share all our Heavenly Father is doing for us in our lives. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you decided to blog...blogging is much fun! Welcome to bloggy world and I'm very anxious to see where this will take you :) Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were finally able to get this up and running. I love it. It looks great and I know you will be an inspiration to many as you have always been to me in your walk with the Lord. So keep posting. I will be back to read! Blessings

    ReplyDelete